Today started early; I woke up at 4:45am but it felt good. I make some tea and checked social media. Unfortunately Trump was not anApril Fools joke… Oh well it was a nice hope.
I started to clean my house as my childhood bff was coming over for tea and talk later. I was able to clean most of my place and it felt so good. There is nothing as calming as a clean house/room.
I have big meal-planning goals for tonight/tomorrow so I went to the grocery store.
Doing my produce shopping always gives me that extra bit of joy. It’s beautiful seeing all the vibrant and healthy colours looking back at me. I have 2 vegan recipes I will try out for the first time with theses. Very excited.
Saturdays are my favourite because I get to really be me. I get to spend time planning my time, relaxing and reorganizing/cleaning my home. It’s how I stay grounded during the week, knowing I’ll have the next Saturday to myself (or to spend with those I love).
I am currently waiting for my car’s oil change but then I have the rest of the day to cook, play or go thrift shopping. 🙂
What do you do to get reenergized for the week? How do you ground yourself during the week?
I’ve been captivated by the many YouTube posts from people who have adapted their lives to go zero-waste (or close to).
The concept in itself sounds scary and next to impossible but in actual practice it looks to be much simpler.
I’ve decided to make some changes in my lifestyle and try to implement as many zero-waste practices as I can. The initial preparation has cost me a bit of money but I see it more as an investment and I could have used stuff I already owned but wanted to also illuminate my use of plastic as a whole, most of my purchases were glass or stainless steel alternatives to what I already owned.
So these are some of the changes I’ve made so far (and a few of these I’ve already been doing for some time or have been half doing):
- The obvious first change was getting a water bottle to bring with me everywhere, illuminating single-use plastic bottles and single-use styrofoam cups at work.
- I’ll bee ditching the plastic bags in favour of my cute new canvas bags (found at Value village). As part of that I also got reusable produce bags to illuminate the plastic produce bags at the grocery store.
- I started shopping in bulk, one of the bulk stores in my city lets you bring in your own glass jars for refilling which is super helpful.
- I got a bin to collect my compost. I’m currently researching the different types of indoor composting but once I decide on a type I already have a plastic bin I can use to create my own.
- I’ve dabbled with making my own cosmetics/lotions before so I’m going to continue with going all natural and waste free from my soap and toothpaste to my face moisturizer and mascara.
- I already have Eco-friendly cleaning products for the most part but when those run out I’ll be making my own.
- I am adjusting my vegetarian diet to try and be vegan but that will continue to be a work in progress.
Are you you doing any of the above? Do you have any tips?
I would love to meet more people trying to do the same! Comment below or add me on Instagram @thisoneiskym